Re: No Advanced Options item in the list / No expert Mode available

Hi Simon,

On Tue, Aug 09, 2022 at 12:13:06PM +0200, Simon B wrote:

>For previous versions of the installer, I have always had the options referred
>to here:
>
>With Bullseye, either https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/
>iso-hybrid/ or https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/
>cd-including-firmware/current-live/, I do not.
>
>This would not be a problem if these instructions (https://www.debian.org/
>releases/wheezy/amd64/ch06s01.html.en) included a clue as to WHERE to use the
>expert command.
>

>    If your hardware requires you to pass options to kernel modules as they are
>    installed, you will need to start the installer in “expert” mode. This can
>    be done by either using the expert command to start the installer or by
>    adding the boot argument priority=low. Expert mode gives you full control
>    over debian-installer

Apologies, those instructions document our separate installer
images. The live images don't offer quite the same set of menus, and
one of the the missing options is "expert mode".

>#debian-install --expert did not do it...

If you add "priority=low" as a command line option to an installer
boot option, that's what "expert mode" does.

Dance like no one's watching. Encrypt like everyone is.
 - @torproject