Re: [Debconf-video] One proposal about debconf16 videos

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 01:02:36PM -0400, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We don't really lack computing power.
>
> Since this seems to be a reasonable thing to do, I'm pretty sure Wouter
> can create low-res videos.

Yes.

> Thing is, we are all pretty much tired after DC16. I don't know how
> Wouter feels, but I know I don't want to touch this stuff for at least a
> week :D

I don't mind.

However, the easiest way is probably to hack up things so that
generating a webm file creates a low-res version by default, and then
setting everything back to "encode" again.

This makes it impossible (or, well, at least "much harder") to fix any
issues with already-encoded files. I'll therefore postpone this until
next week or so, so that I'm 100% sure that everything's been dealt
with.

(also, the encoder was brought down now, so in order to this I'll have
to recreate its environment on vittoria now. That's not hard, I can do
it, but it's a bit of work...)

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,