Re: Temperature setting for conference venue, hacklab, and on-site accommodation

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018, at 03:31, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2018-07-20 12:37, Cathy Nonet wrote:
> > I'm in Taiwan for one week now and, in my experience, air con is very
> > strong.
>
> Thanks for the hint! I'll bring my polar equipment then.

No need for polar equipment. The venue is comfortable, temperatures set by debconf team. The dorm air-conditioning is separately controlled in each room. It is strong and will work quickly, so no need to leave it running all day. Yes, you may want something long sleeved, but nothing warmer (so far in my 3 day experience). Even in the pouring rain, it is too warm for a raincoat. A small portable umbrella is the best. Locals also use them for sun protection most days.