Re: Temperature setting for conference venue, hacklab, and on-site accommodation

Le 20/07/2018 à 00:35, W. Martin Borgert a écrit :
> Quoting Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com>:
>> I'm starting to pack, so I want to know what's the temperature setting
>> for conference venue, hacklab, and on-site accommodation.
>>
>> I know it's hot and humid outside, as we can see the weather report on
>> websites or TV, but I'm not quite sure the usual setting indoors.
>> It's said that it may be 15 or 20 degree centigrade, if so I need to
>> bring a heavy coat.
>
> Very good point!
>
> I got a very nasty cold at DebConf 9, which knocked me down for a week.
>
> Outside temperature was very pleasant and enjoyable, but inside it was
> a far too realistic simulation of the Terra Nova Expedition.

I'm in Taiwan for one week now and, in my experience, air con is very
strong. It seem to be set most of the time at 24-26 but with 34°
outside, it's still a chock. I have a long sleeve shirt (un chemisier)
and a kerchief (un foulard) that I put on when I'm inside and off when I
go out.
I recommand to bring a long sleeve shirt or a thin vest (un gilet) for
indoors.

See you soon !