Re: Reaching the venue on Sunday evening

Hi,

On 2018-07-19 15:24, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hopefully my plane will landing on Sunday about 8pm local time in
> Taoyuan. I expect I will need at least one hour to be ready for taking
> the final ride to the venue. Am I right with such an expectation?
Yes, depending how much time immigration takes. There's some long queues sometimes.
Your luggage should get out quickly.
> Once I'm in the terminal it was suggested to buy a EasyCard for Public
> Transportation. Is this card not only dedicated for transportation
> within or around the airport? If not this card can also be used later in
> Hsinchu HSR station I guess? How much money should be put onto the card
> then at least for later usage too? Where to reload money on the card
> later if needed?
Easycards are mostly used in buses, trains and convenience stores.
You can buy one at 7-11 or Familymart, maybe even one with a cute design.
The minimum starting deposit is NT$ 100 (or in other words 100 TWD).

> An a final question, given to welcome.pdf and the wiki sides the latest
> departure of bus 182 on Hsinchu HSR will be at 10:30pm which I'm not
> sure I can get. I assume taking a taxi is no problem (in Germany in some
> cities or stations it can be a problem :P )
You plan to do airport->HSR->taxi? Thats probably slower and as expensive as doing taxi all the way.
> What about giving tip if taking a taxi? 10% or more?
ZERO. In Taiwan you tip nobody, ask for a discount instead! :)

Thomas