VGUI 1.22 with gcc 2.95

Hi!

Compiling vgui 1.22 with a brand new freshly compiled gcc 2.95 on a SuSE
Linux 6.2 system (Kernel 2.2.10, glibc2.1, K6-233), I got the following
errors:

vapp.cxx:197: initialization to `void *' from `const char *' discards
qualifiers
vpsdc.cxx:276: initialization to `char *' from `const char *' discards
qualifiers

This does not happen with an egcs-2.91.66 on the same system. My
Questions are:

1. Did anybody get similar errors with that compiler?
2. Is it a problem of gcc 2.95 or of vgui?
3. Does anybody know a workaround other than using an older compiler?
Maybe a new option of the gcc I don't know about? Or a little patch in
vgui?

Due to the fact that this version of gcc compiles a linux kernel without
any problems, I don't think it's too buggy...

Greetings,
--
Frank Finner        http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q503978
    I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago,