NBD export fail "nbd0: truncated" to mount with block size other than 512

Hi All,

We meet a problem when changing block size from 512 to 1024, and we’ve submitted issue here.

https://github.com/NetworkBlockDevice/nbd/issues/157

From the dmesg log, we could found that nbd-client be executed with block size 1024. However, we got below error nbd0: truncated and the image seems to be corrupted then mounted iso image: ubuntu-18.04.5-desktop-amd64.iso installation fail. But, if using default block size 512, we can complete installation.

[2024-03-08 11:28:51.819] nbd-client -u /var/run/nbd.558.sock -n -L -t 30 -b 1024 /dev/nbd0

[2024-03-08 11:28:51.819] nbd0: detected capacity change from 0 to 4284224

[2024-03-08 11:28:51.819] nbd0: p1 p2

[2024-03-08 11:28:51.819] nbd0: p1 size 8568448 extends beyond EOD, truncated

Is this the limitation to set block size other than 512?

We try to find some on internet and seems ndb change block size to 512 in this commit: https://github.com/NetworkBlockDevice/nbd/commit/128fd556286ff5d53c5f2b16c4ae5746b5268a64

Here is another issue report in Benji. "NBD export fails to mount with default blocksize" that have same error message "truncated".

Related issue refer it: https://github.com/elemental-lf/benji/issues/12

Could someone can help to clarify whether this is limitation for nbd-client change to use other than 512? Thanks.

Sincerely,

Tim

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Nuvoton is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Nuvoton shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Nuvoton.