Re: Setup NBD with TLS

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 01:23:39PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 11:37:45AM +0200, Turakar wrote:
> >    Following the guide of nbdkit everything worked out.
> >
> >    [1]https://libguestfs.org/nbdkit-tls.1.html
>
> Glad to hear everything is sorted.
>
> Could you clarify how you managed to fix it in the end? I'm trying to
> figure out which part of the documentation is unclear, so we can clarify
> that for future users.

FYI the CI test we use for libnbd -> nbd-server uses these files/scripts:

https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/blob/master/interop/nbd-server-tls.conf.in
https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/blob/master/tests/make-pki.sh
https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/blob/master/interop/Makefile.am#L87

I really need to add a CI test of nbd-client -> nbdkit, although I've
had it working (with TLS) in the past.

To the original poster: I highly recommend exploring TLS-PSK, so much
easier to manage than certificates.

Rich.