Re: Request binary build info doc. (And run_tests buglet)

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> to what extent are we able to have package (rpm) level dependencies?
> I'm completely ignorant as to what happens when a package is
> imported in some way for installation to a non-RPM system.
> Are the same sorts of dependencies maintained when a tool like
> alien (isn't that what Debian calls it?) is used?

Alien does not attampt to preserve dependencies since there is in
general no uniformity of package names, versions, or contents between
linux distributions. The only dependency it supports at all is the now
well-defined dependency on a "lsb" package.

--
see shy jo, author of same