From: Mateusz Viste <mateusz@viste.fr>
Sent: Wednesday, 26 October 2022 5:11 AM
To: gopher-project@other.debian.org <gopher-project@other.debian.org>
Subject: Re: State of Gopher and TLS?

On 25/10/2022 19:54, Matt Owen wrote:
>> *as of today, the Observable Gopherspace Universe Project reports a mere
>> 306 operational servers.
>
> How did I not know about this?! It's an awesome resource, Mateusz - Thanks for doing it.

I'm glad you like it.

> I was going to re-do my graphical gopherspace geo-located map, but to be honest I'm not sure I shall bother, as servers seem to come and go at a fast rate these days

You are right, the turnover rate is quite high these days. I am actually
planning to add some report to the OGUP that would list the "age" of
servers.

About the geolocated map: would you mind sharing some info about how you
create it? If it's something that could be automated, then maybe there
could be some tool that regenerates such map daily or weekly based on
the content of the OGUP database?

Mateusz
gopher://gopher.viste.fr