Re: [gopher] Gopher-powered Hangman game!

> I generally don't want to see things happen in gopherspace that would break
> older clients or make gopher more complicated, but in this case I'm all for
> UTF-8.  ASCII seems to reflect a time when being able to connect so easily
> to linguistically diverse cultures was a new idea and gopher's origins at an
> English-speaking, Midwestern university.

Well, UTF-8 at least is a superset as opposed to some totally alien encoding,
but as I say 7-bit ASCII where possible I think should still be encouraged.
After that, I think UTF-8 makes more sense than any other encoding.

> I think making gopher less ethnocentric would be cool.

Yes. gopher.kkk.mil must die. [*]

[*] scnr ;-)