Re: apt 2.4.8 (amd64) 503 Service Unavailable [IP: 91.189.91.49 80]

On Sat, Oct 22, 2022 at 02:14:05PM +0100, Jonny Grant wrote:
> Hello
> Sorry I couldn't test latest version or get the reportbug tool working (I'm not running an SMTP server)
>
> Could the service unavailable message clarify the hostname it had trouble with? Also it's customary to have a colon before the :80 http port. Could that be added?

No.

> Err:14 http://ddebs.ubuntu.com jammy-updates InRelease
>   503  Service Unavailable [IP: 91.189.91.49 80]

Look at the message, the hostname is in the URL. Rendering it a second
time does not add any value.

Mixing the port into the IP address creates severe issues of having
to quote IPv6 addresses which makes it awkward, also this just works
as well, maybe it should say, Port: 80.

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en