Re: DisplaySize read but ignored

#include <hallo.h>
* Eduard Bloch [Sat, Jul 19 2003, 09:23:23PM]:

> I tried to setup the DPI resolution of my display properly. But somehow,
> the Xserver does not use the values of DisplaySize setting. They are
> apparently parsed since the Xserver breaks on wrong (non-integer)
> parameters. However, xdpyinfo also shows
>
> screen #0:
>   dimensions:    1024x768 pixels (260x195 millimeters)
>   resolution:    100x100 dots per inch

Somebody has just reminded me about xserverc, and there was in fact
-dpi 100 option which caused the trouble. After removing it, it works
fine:

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1024x768 pixels (292x217 millimeters)
  resolution:    89x90 dots per inch

Maybe you add a hint about this to the DisplaySize description in
XF86Config(5x)?

MfG,
Eduard.
--
<XniC> sagt mal ich hab debian gestern installiert
<Alfie> ich hab debian gestern installiert