Re: Suggestion

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 12:01:14PM -0600, Joshua Shagam wrote:
> > I'm still apprehensive about moving *_dri.so out of /usr/X11R6/lib/modules.
> > If they aren't really X server modules, then they don't belong in that
> > directory (maybe /usr/lib/xlibmesa3 ?).  Should I ask upstream?
>
> Ur, although they're separate files from the video drivers, aren't they
> considered part of the video driver?

Well, that's what I thought, but I have a pending request to move them to
xlibmesa3, since they're "part of Mesa".

I am inclined to disagree.

> Oh, I was under the impression that xlibmesa was more than just mesa (i.e.
> that it was the client-side libGL, which handled all the communication with
> the X server, be it through GLX or whatever).

That is true.  But Mesa isn't just GL anymore.  See, for instance the
OSMesa library.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |     It doesn't matter what you are doing,
Debian GNU/Linux                |     emacs is always overkill.