Re: Ada Lovelace Day - pledge

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 03:29:52PM -0200, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> As Meike said, it's the only way to use pledgebank.  And it sucks, but
> I don't know if there's an equivalente system that does the same thing
> without forcing such stupid text on you.

Yeah I didn't realise that at time of writing.

> In any case, the 1000 number was reached within a week or so of the
> pledge becoming available, so there's no need to worry that 1000
> people won't do the same.

I saw that too - but I saw the pledge reposted on blogs and mailing lists
with that quote and without the pledgebank context... it just seemed a bit
negative.

Anyway it's awesome that people are doing this anyway. I just think the
psychological effects of language like in this case are interesting.

Cheers,

Penny Leach | http://mjollnir.org | http://she.geek.nz
GPG: 8347 00FC B5BF 6CC0 0FC9 AB90 1875 120A A30E C22B