women in IT (in AU)

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted something like this one [1] to the list, but I was
struck by the following comment

"A recent survey of 120 CIOs by Talent2 shows that the number of women in the
Australian IT industry is already on the rise.

Fifty-two per cent of respondents reported that between 70 and 100 per cent of
their IT teams were female."

Wish there was more detail to that statistic.  But I guess it's probably good
news for women in IT regardless.

Helen

1.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/biztech/australian-women-dive-into-it/2006/10/31/1162056961569.html
(not sure if subscription will be required for a single viewing - you might need
to use [2])

2. http://www.bugmenot.com/