Re: Web applications specific issues

sean finney wrote:

> my concern isn't with upstream, it's with another d-d saying "to hell
> with your restrictions, i'm packaging this!".  that kind of mentality
> would make it hard to make this a policy in the first place, and i
> expect no less from my fellow d-d's :)

Well, as long as you're being pessimistic, you shouldn't expect the
ftp-masters to ever process NEW, so that's not a problem.

Seriously, though, don't believe either of those to be true. I think if
we write a reasonable policy, with sound reasons behind them, it won't
be a problem getting the vast majority of DD's to follow them, and the
rest can have fun reading their rejects files.

We should definitely, I think, demand that the code be maintainable, not
obviously full of security issues, possible to upgrade, etc. Our
security team members are just volunteers --- let's make their life as
nice as possible.