Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

Simon.Richter@hogyros.de wrote:

>If Debian provides an installer image, but does not at the same time
>promise to have vetted all applicable licenses against a list of
>criteria that is acceptable to the legal department, this installer
>image becomes close to useless to corporate users.
I *am* a corporate user and I believe that the scenario that you are
describing is highly unusual.

Anyway, nothing of this really matters and it is pointless to argue this
point because:
- corporate users need non-free firmwares like everybody else, and
- nobody is arguing that installation of non-free firmwares should be
  somehow hidden from users

--
ciao,
Marco