Re: Vote Robinson for DPL!

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 01:07:16PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Ean Schuessler <ean@brainfood.com> wrote:
> > [...] Ultimately the question still stands, have
> > operations been repaired?
>
> I doubt anyone would take a "yes" here now, quite rightly. We
> need to watch and decide for ourselves.

Ean is right that Debian needs to be more active with SPI.  I wish many
more Debian developers were actively watching SPI.  Every Debian
developer is entitled to vote in SPI general elections, yet if memory
serves, SPI has about one fifth the participation that DPL elections
get.  And that's counting not just Debian SPI members, but all SPI
members that vote.

That's an important first step.  But as I've mentioned before, one of
our other problems is a chronic lack of manpower.  We're slowly getting
better there.  The SPI board actually makes quorum for its meetings
these days, for one visible sign :-)  There are two people working on
the treasurer tasks.

It doesn't take much to help out.  Just join a mailing list or attend a
meeting and you'll see what things we need to work on.  Volunteer, and
chances are people would jump at the opportunity to have help.

-- John