Re: Some questions for the DPL candidates

    Marcelo>  Back to what Branden said:

    >> * Fish or cut bait with respect to non-free, and pass any
    >> constitutional amendments necessary to permit us to make that choice;

    Marcelo>  "Fish or cut bait" means, according to the Random House
    Marcelo>  Dictionary of Proverbs, "do your job or let somebody
    Marcelo>  else do it".  Particularly, it doesn't mean "come to a
    Marcelo>  final resolution".

Well, without looking it up that "come to a resolution" was what I
took it to mean.[1] I think "Shit or get off the pot" is a more vulgar
variation.  ;-)

And looking through the web, I found
http://www.shu.ac.uk/web-admin/phrases/bulletin_board/2/messages/15.html,
which also mentions "Make a choice now; either fish or cut bait and go
home."

Bye, J

[1] Maybe having an avid sportfisher as a father helped ;-)

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard@gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
          My WebHome: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard