Re: Installing testing on Acer Aspire 315 [finished]

On 5/12/24 21:30, David Wright wrote:
On Sun 12 May 2024 at 21:10:16 (-0700), Paul Scott wrote:
On 5/9/2024 1:59 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
On Thu, 9 May 2024 09:32:32 -0700 Paul Scott wrote:

The error I'm getting is during "Install base system."  The only way
I knew to save the log was with a camera. Even though I resized the
image this list apparently didn't allow the attachment. How else can
I save the log during install?
Installation logs are saved during installation to the target's
/var/log/installer/. You can save them to a USB stick after
installation is complete, or reboot and find them.
Is this possible if the base installation failed?  If so, how?
Depends on how it failed. The last three entries in the main menu
are:

   Save debug logs
   Execute a shell
   Abort the installation

You can use the first one and follow its instructions. You can use
the second, and type suitable mount/cp/umount commands to achieve
the same thing.

During the installation, if you get a shell, then

   # more /var/log/syslog

will allow you to pick over the logs, rather like less does, with
the disadvantage that you can't go backwards. If you overshoot the
lines of interest, you have to run the more command again.

This weeks version of the testing net install worked completely. Sending this from Thunderbird on the new system.

Thank you everyone who helped,

Paul

Cheers,
David.