Re: Zoom in the official repo is outdated

On Wed, 2024-04-24 at 16:42 -0300, Luiz Romário Santana Rios wrote:
Hello,

(Please cc me when replying as I'm not subscribed to the list)

Earlier this month, I noticed I was no longer able to login to Zoom
meetings using the client installed from the Debian repos. In order to
join meetings, I had to uninstall it then install the flatpack Zoom package.

I think it should either be updated or outright removed in favor of the
flatpack version. What do you think? Should I report a bug?

Sds,

Romário

I was expected to use zoom for a meeting. The zoom app didn't work at all in Debian 10, completely refusing even to open a window. I at first started with the zoom support in Firefox, but it didn't have a button to select high resolution for the camera, so the meeting host asked me to run in the app.

I re-opened the session on a different computer that is running Debian 12. The app worked OK on that computer.