Efficient Package Dependency Search with aptitude

Debian Users,

In my ongoing mission for precise package management,
I embarked on a quest to swiftly locate all installed packages dependent on mysql-server.
Swift reconnaissance led me to aptitude, our stalwart ally in the Debian arsenal.
Executing a tactical maneuver akin to this:
# aptitude search "~i ~Rmysql-server"

Unveiled a battalion of installed packages,
seemingly unrelated to mysql-server,
including adduser, debconf, and others of varying ranks.

Harboring suspicions about certain results like psmisc,
I executed a reverse probe using the apt-cache command:
# apt-cache depends psmisc

Conclusively, mysql-server did not appear in psmisc's dependency roster.
Yet, in the face of this operation at the Debian Vanguard, doubts linger.
I seek counsel from the esteemed Debian fraternity.
What subtleties evade our grasp?

Awaiting your insight and wisdom.
Best,

--