Re: bootable pendrive from zip file

Hi,

Luis Muñoz Fuente wrote:
> I assume the problem is the debian link, which points to the same directory:
> $ ls -l tmp/debian
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 1 Apr 22 20:47 tmp/debian -> .
> and creates a loop,

That's not a link loop, because "." is not a symbolic link.
But if a tree traversal is instructed to follow symbolic links, then the
traversal becomes endless recursion which is quite equivalent to an
endless loop.

I guess it would work better with zip option --symlinks.
But FAT cannot represent symbolic links. So in the FAT filesystem you will
possibly need at least one layer of duplication to emulate the link.
I.e. a copy of the whole file tree which is accessible via /debian. In
that copy there will probably be no need for another tree under
/debian/debian.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas