Re: Testing amd64 netinst LUKS+LVM install broken

On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 05:51:26PM -0700, Craig Hesling wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having an issue with the guided partitioner in the Debian testing amd64
> installer.
> Specifically, the "Guided - use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM"
> errors out and emit the following error message:
>
> partman-lvm: pvcreate: error while loading shared libraries: libaio.so.1:

Hi,

I suspect that Debian Testing _might_ be uninstallable just at the moment.
There's a large scale migration and change of packages (to do with securing
a workable time implementation post-2038 and moving from 32 bit values).

That's taken a lot longer than expected: Debian Unstable and therefore
Debian Testing have been hit. It's just possible that this library
is caught up in the dependencies.

This will resolve itself in due course - but it might be better to
install a minimal stable and then upgrade to testing later.

Be aware also that the problematic version of xz libraries is also
in Debian testing - someone else pointed this up the other day.

Hope this helps,

Andy
(amacater@debian.org)