Re: What use can i give to linux?

On 4/6/24 11:07, Curt wrote:
On 2024-04-05, John Hasler <john@sugarbit.com> wrote:
Desktop Linux is widely used in physics and mathematics.  NASA uses
Linux extensively, including on Mars and on the ISS.  SpaceX uses Linux
on their rockets and spacecraft.  Over 90% of the top 1 million Web
servers run Linux, including Yahoo, X, and Ebay.  Almost all
supercomputers use Linux. Linux has a large and growing share of the
automotive market.  Your router almost certainly runs Linux.

Yeah, but Grandma's still using Windows XP
.
And she will never experience its only major bug, the timer rollover at 46.something days. She will never leave it running that long. That was the most stable windows ever published. That was the only reason we ever rebooted the machine that literally ran the WDTV news dept back in its day despite the reporters best efforts to crash it. I'd calculate when it had to be rebooted & stick a postit note on it. And kept a copy in my office to remind me when it was time to go reboot it.

.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis