Re: After installing no access to the installed system.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 03:24:14PM +0100, Thomas Schweikle wrote:
> Package: Debian installer
> Version: As on Debian live-CD/DVD for Debian 12.5
> Severity: critical

Note that you sent this email to the debian-user list, not to the bug
tracking system.

> 6. For User and Passwort enter
>     Full name: demo Demo
>     Username: de-de
>     Password 1st: start123
>     Password 2nd: start123
> 7. Click install
> 8. Wait until the installer finishes and reboots into this newly installed
> system
> 9. Try to login with the credentials given above:
>     User: de-de
>     Password: start123
>
> The newly installed system just tells: unknown user or password, user or
> password wrong. You wont be able to login.

I wonder if it's the hyphen character.  Maybe the installer transforms
that into an underscore, or omits it entirely?  That's just a guess.

Anyway, try logging in as "dede" or "de_de", just to see if one of those
works.  Otherwise, you'll need to boot in rescue mode (or any equivalent
of your choice), and look at the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files.
See what happened.