Re: strange time problem with bullseye

On Thursday 07 March 2024 02:44:42 pm Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2024 at 02:33:05PM -0500, Roy J. Tellason, Sr. wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 March 2024 09:02:44 am Teemu Likonen wrote:
> > > systemctl status systemd-timesyncd.service
> >
> > This got me some interesting results:
> >
> > ● systemd-timesyncd.service - Network Time Synchronization
> >    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/systemd-timesyncd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
> >   Drop-In: /lib/systemd/system/systemd-timesyncd.service.d
> >            └─disable-with-time-daemon.conf
> >    Active: inactive (dead)
> > Condition: start condition failed at Wed 2024-02-14 16:17:31 EST; 3 weeks 0 days ago
> >            └─ ConditionFileIsExecutable=!/usr/sbin/VBoxService was not met
> >      Docs: man:systemd-timesyncd.service(8)
> >
> > Hmm.
>
> Are you running that on a virtualbox client, or a virtualbox host?

That was on the host.  The client is running an older version of Slackware.

> In any case, you might find it interesting to read the unit file in
> question ("systemctl cat systemd-timesyncd.service").  It looks like
> you've got one of the slightly older kind, where the service is always
> installed, but is prevented from running if any of several different
> programs is found.

Yes,  I'm running older software here.  I did that and see those listed near the end of it.  The system does seem to do okay with keeping the right time,  though,  for the most part.  The only rough spot was the RTC was way off,  but that's now been fixed...

-
M Dakin