Re: Can't list root directory

On 2024-01-31 12:02, Max Nikulin wrote:
On 29/01/2024 23:42, Gary Dale wrote:
"ls -l /" just hangs

It may dereference symlinks, call stat, etc. to colorize output. May it happen that you have automount points or something related to network mounts?

Does "echo /*" hangs?

Even bash prompt may do some funny stuff. I would try it from "dash".

Can you install strace? E.g. copy files while booted from a live media.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll retune the array to not fsck every boot and see if the problem recurs so I can try your suggestions.