Re: chrony date months off

On 31/01/2024 20:24, didar wrote:
On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 05:32:26AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
How do I setup /etc/chrony/chrony.conf so it slams the system clock to the
current time on the first cycle as its rebooting?
There was 20 yeas back, an ntpdate command that would do that.

You can use "rdate" (openrdate) as quick fix like `ntpdate'.
Is there a real reason to install an extra package if chrony provides a tool similar to ntpdate?

If I recall it right, the reason why chrony appeared here was just

$ man timesyncd
No manual entry for timesyncd

If it is that box with armbian modified by a Chinese 3d printer vendor then I am surprised that, intended for boards without RTC, it does not have proper NTP setup out of the box. Despite I expect arbitrary peculiarities in this kind of a Linux distribution, I still believe that NTP troubles were caused by user actions.