Re: xfce screen detachment

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 02:41:47PM -0500, Cindy Sue Causey wrote:
On 1/8/24, mick.crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2024-01-07 04:00, Russell L. Harris wrote:
system:  amd64 desktop, debian 12, xfce, NEC MultiSync EA192M monitor

I don't know precisely how to describe the problem, other than
"detachment".  About every week or so, when using the rodent, the
entire screen -- borders and all -- moves with respect to the monitor
screen as I move the mouse.

The only recovery method I have discovered is to reboot.

My hands and finders no longer are working well, so I likely clicked
on something or pressed a key to cause the problem.

I get this effect if pressing Alt and moving the mouse wheel.

Me, too, in LXQt. It's HARD finding the fix until you can finally
remember it. It's easy to hit a wall of misses when searching the
Internet.

As Mick says, hold down the ALT key and scroll the mouse rodent's
wheel back and forth. I just blew up my desktop background to where it
was basically one rendition of the small gif file that's normally
tiled.

It seems to be for commendable visual accessibility purposes, but it's
sure a grouch maker until you figure out its activation/deactivation
secret, lol.

Cindy :)
* runs with birdseed *

Cindy, Thanks for taking the trouble to post the confirmation.  RLH
--
He turneth rivers into a wilderness, and the watersprings into dry
ground; a fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them