Re: Change suspend type from kde menu

Il 05/01/2024 20:10, Valerio Vanni ha scritto:

My first guess would be that you also need $HOME to be set, or perhaps
the current working directory, or both.  --reset-env sets HOME, SHELL,
USER, LOGNAME and PATH.  That seems like a reasonable addition.

I have no idea why it crashes later.

If you see my latest message, it goes in a different unit and is shut down at the end of resume.

Perhaps I could try to remove --reset-env and set some parameter by hand

If I remove --reset-env and set HOME, kaffeine starts.
It seems that issue was to find file in home directory.

But still in systemd-suspend.service unit.

If, in a root shell, I launch

setpriv --reuid 1000 --regid 1000 --init-groups  \
env XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000 DISPLAY=:0 HOME=/home/valerio XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE \ /usr/bin/kaffeine --lastchannel > /home/valerio/kaffeine_log_resumed 2>&1

kaffeine starts in user@1000.service.
Also with --reset-env.

It's only during resume that it gets into systemd-suspend.service.