Re: Installing Debian on an old Asus EEE PC

> anybody here have any experience installing a recent(-ish) version of
> Debian on an Asus EEE PC?  This is a small notebook sized laptop with
> Celeron cpu and little space & memory.  I've just found one in one of
> my boxes and thought I'd see if I can make use of it.  It's currently
> running with a 2.x kernel!

I'm currently running bookworm on an Atom based EeeBook (x205ta), it has
2G RAM, and 30G storage. The only hurdle I've found is getting internal
sound to work (chtrt5645), though HDMI output is fine, I'm sure I simply
haven't found the right combination of switches to flip. Having said
that, I'm no expert on Linux audio.

I wouldn't attempt to run a modern DE on this system, but it seems happy
with OpenBox. Even Firefox, Chromium, LibreOffice, etc. are usable - if
not perhaps the smoothest experience.

Cheers,
Tom