Re: Edit NIC Address

On Fri, Jan 05, 2024 at 08:15:08PM +1100, Keith Bainbridgge wrote:
> On 5/1/24 15:30, David wrote:
> > Morning Group,
> >
> > With the latest Debian I'm trying to find the file to edit to change
> > the IP address of a remote box, can anybody point me in the correct
> > direction please?
> >
> > I can SSH into this box, but cannot find the file to edit.
> >

> I use nmtuI (from a terminal) for jobs like this. I think it is installed by
> default.

Right now we have strong indications that the remote box
is not a default install. My advice to Original Poster is to contact
the people who know more about the (remote) machine. They even might
be the best persons for making the IP-address change.

> I'd bet you'll be terminated when the change activates

And I would like to know how to reconnect after the change.

Yeah, it might not be possible, so I hope O.P. can revert the change.

> All the best
>
> Keith Bainbridge
> +61 (0)447 667 468
> UTC + 10:00

Awareness of timezone differences is another good reason
to reply below previous text.

> > Thank you,

Thank the group by sharing knowledge how it went.

> > David.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--