Re: ntpsec as server questions

On 2023-12-06, Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> wrote:

> My reading of this document is that EST5EDT file in tzdata is a POSIX
> extension, not "true" POSIX.

 POSIX format specification

 The POSIX time zone format is the traditionally used format for AIX systems and
 provides a slight performance advantage over the Olson time zone format.
 Example of a POSIX format is EST5EDT.

 The advantage of POSIX is that you can easily and explicitly specify the time
 zone and daylight saving time (DST) details manually, however you wish. The
 performance of applications that call time functions will be faster than using
 Olson specification. And whenever a nation's government decides to change its
 DST rules, the POSIX format is simpler because we can simply change the
 variable definition. There is no need to install any new patch to update time
 database files, as Olson requires.

Does this apply to "us?"

https://developer.ibm.com/articles/au-aix-posix/