Re: ntpsec as server questions

On 12/4/23 07:10, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Mon, Dec 04, 2023 at 06:32:38AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
On 12/4/23 05:55, Pocket wrote:
ntpq -p
I don't have that on the printer, it is running chrony.

A quick Google search for "chrony equivalent of ntpq" gives me
<https://karloluiten.nl/chrony-status-command-ntpq-p-alternative/>
which says to use "chronyc sources" or "chronyc tracking".

Another snippet of date, it would appear that the clock is set to utc correctly. From /proc/driver/utc:
rtc_time        : 16:31:50
rtc_date        : 2023-12-04
alrm_time       : 00:00:00
alrm_date       : 1999-12-16
alarm_IRQ       : no
alrm_pending    : no
update IRQ enabled      : no
periodic IRQ enabled    : no
periodic IRQ frequency  : 1
max user IRQ frequency  : 64
24hr            : yes
Which would be nominally correct for utc
That leave the localtime error pretty much up to the date command, or is there something else screwing with this? Where ALL in this chain does /etc/timezone get used, which is currently set to:
America/New_York

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)