Re: DHCP Problem

On Sun, 3 Dec 2023 12:30:53 -0700
Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> I am installing a new router which seems to work well so far.
>
> I have changed the DHCP server to use the new router's address, and
> shut the server down and restarted it. Existing clients insist on
> using the old router anyway. Is there any way to goose clients into
> using the new one short of manually using the ip route command?

OK, stupid mistake of the week.

The frustrating problem was that the clients kept getting the old
router's IP address. This was for the simple reason that I had managed
to not change the value of the "option routers" entry for the subnet.
Doh! I have fixed that. Never be afraid to recheck your own work.

I did shorten the lease times and that has accelerated the changeover.
I didn't need to restart all the client's leases. Two days hence I'll
change them back.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com