Debian Bookworm cannot find Nvidia graphics card

Hi, I'm having considerable trouble finding a way of making my Debian Bookworm (laptop) installation locate and use my laptop's Nvidia graphics card.

There are several 'how-tos' available online, but having tried one which resulted in me needing to reinstall Debian Bookworm I am reluctant to try any others. I am new to the Linux way of doing things and like your operating system very much, and gaining use of my laptop's full graphical power would make using your OS complete.

I would be very grateful for any assistance at all that you can provide in getting my Nvidia card working.

Many thanks,
Tom Cullen