Re: Password managers

On Thu, 09 Nov 2023 10:48:14 -0600
John Hasler <john@sugarbit.com> wrote:

> Why does "accepted/popular" matter?

Not a great choice of words, perhaps. I was thinking in terms of those
password managers which are written by others and included in the
Debian repositories.

As it happens, pass(1) appeared to be precisely what I was looking for.
My original code stores all passwords in a single file, whereas pass
stores each password in a separate file. In addition, I don't need pass
in order to decode the password files. If pass every goes away or
disappears from the Debian repos, I can still fetch my passwords (and
associated data). Plus, it will insert any line in the password file
into the clipboard. And it's a terminal app. Yay.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
Personal Blog: http://noferblatz.com