Re: All the unicorns are dead on Linux

On 11/7/23 09:29, John Hasler wrote:
Paul Duncan writes:
Yes, but we (on Linux and I *think* on good old System V and BSD 4.3)
have mkfile and mkdir - so surely that means that everything (stored
on a bit of rotating rust) is *not* a file :-)

On System III directories were files.

And always were just a specially fomatted text file on os9 for the trs-80 color computer. A micro unix that ran on that 64 kilobytes of memory machine. Its about 40 years old now. The more things change, the more alike it becomes in the foundation of it all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis