Re: xorriso and SIGTERM/SIGINT handler

Hi,

Max Nikulin wrote:
> Are there obstacles making implementation of proper SIGINT and
> SIGTERM signals handler prohibitively difficult? Ctrl+C is a common part of
> UI familiar to the most of users. There are should be serious reasons if it
> is necessary to teach them to touch an application specific file.

15 years after the implementation of -check_media this is an interesting
question. I dimly remember to have introduced the abort file because
Ctrl+C was too rough.
Maybe this snippet from man xorriso explains the motivation of my
past self:

  -check_media_defaults [option [option ...]] --
         abort_file=disk_path  gives the path of the file which may abort
         a scan run. Abort happens if the file exists and  its  mtime  is
         not  older  than  the  start  time of the run. Use shell command
         "touch" to trigger this.  Other than  an  aborted  program  run,
         this  will  report the tested and untested blocks and go on with
         running xorriso.

I imagined the rescue attempts to happen in xorriso dialog mode.
After aborting an attempt with sr0, one could use the same xorriso run to
make an attempt with other min_lba= , max_lba= limits or with drive sr1.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas