Re: How to compare one folder to one directory

Loris Bennett wrote:
> Personally I don't see "directory" as being more scary or technical
> than "folder".  They are both words from the pre-computer age which
> have been repurposed, just as the term "computer" now no longer refers
> to a human who performs computations.

This was in the 1970s when the graphical UI was being invented.  The
idea was that the screen was to look like an actual desktop which might
have actual file folders on it.  Every icon was supposed to be an image
of a familiar office object.  In that context a directory is a phone
book.
--
John Hasler
john@sugarbit.com