Re: Default DNS lookup command?

On 23/10/2023 20:52, David Wright wrote:
AFAICT, if you don't have busybox installed, then I think it's likely that you removed it yourself.

Or it is a LXC container installed using the "download" template. It uses systemd-networkd and systemd-resolved. I have never tried qemu with kernel and initrd loaded from host, so related tools are not necessary inside VM.

So for original requirement "on any Debian Bullseye or Bookworm install" I would not neglect resolvectl when systemd-resolved is active.