Re: zlib1g 1:1.2.11.dfsg

On Fri 20 Oct 2023 at 10:45:24 (-0300), Marcio B. wrote:
> Thank you very much.
>
> How could I check the impact if I choose to remove this package?

$ apt-get -s purge zlib1g

Actually doing this will detroy your system. My (bullseye) system has
2057 packages installed. Purging zlib1g removes 1062 of them,
including 20 essential packages:

  WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
  This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
    apt adduser (due to apt) gpgv (due to apt) libapt-pkg6.0 (due to apt) dash
    dpkg (due to dash) debconf (due to dash) zlib1g (due to dpkg) grep
    install-info (due to grep) gzip init systemd-sysv (due to init)
    init-system-helpers (due to init) perl-base (due to init-system-helpers)
    login libpam0g (due to login) libpam-runtime (due to login)
    libpam-modules (due to login) util-linux
  0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1062 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Cheers,
David.