Re: procps with sysvinit: libsystemd0 vs libelogind0

On Mon 16 Oct 2023 at 16:05:48 (-0700), Bill Brelsford wrote:
> The latest version of procps (2:4.0.4-2) depends on libsystemd0, so
> upgrading 2:4.0.3-1 to it causes libsystemd0 to be installed.  But
> on my sysvinit system it conflicts with libelogind0:
>
>   libelogind0 : Conflicts: libsystemd0 but 254.5-1 is to be installed

At least in 246.10, libelogind0 should also replace and provide
libsystemd0, which means APT shouldn't try to install libsystemd0.

Is it possible that you've unluckily updated your lists while
the repository was being updated, in which case, a brief wait
and then re-updating might fix the problem.

Cheers,
David.