Re: Too much log for sudo.

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 10:15:26PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 05:20:58PM +0200, Erwan David wrote:
> > I see that in the logs the VALUE of the env variable is loggued.
> > How to change this ?
>
> I don't think there is a way to stop that happening. If sudo will
> log, it logs the names and values of any environment you specify on
> its command line.
>
> Your options as far as I am aware:

Another (gross) one:

- Abuse variables that start with LC_, as sudo on Debian is by
  default configured to preserve these. So you'd call sudo without
  any --preserve-env at all after setting two LC_* variables for
  your repo and passphrase (or just the passphrase and use a
  --preserve-env for the repo if you don't care about that one being
  logged).

Thanks,
Andy