Re: Intermittent WiFi on Network Manager

Am 09/10/2023 um 14:28 schrieb Lee:
On 10/9/23, Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> wrote:
Am 08/10/2023 um 11:42 schrieb Lee:
On 10/7/23, Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> wrote:
Am 07/10/2023 um 11:11 schrieb gene heskett:
Another possibility is a leaky microwave oven in the vicinity

This is an urban legend and an excuse I was using when I was in tech
support.

It's real.  Try it yourself - run iperf for 2 minutes, display the
bandwidth report every second and then start the microwave for 1
minute.

I get the thruput cut in half or or more when the microwave is on.
Which is an improvement on the previous microwave which used to kill a
wireless connection. (which was super annoying when the wife was doing
work-from-home & I wasn't allowed to use the microwave _at_all_ during
the day.  I suspect that's the reason she got a toaster oven)

Is it fairly well-known that microwave ovens interfere the most on channel
11?
I just tried linssid again and there's a bunch of APs on channel 1 &
6, one on channel 2 and two on channel 8.  Nothing on channel 11.

Lee

So the microwave should be running 100% 24/7? What is it? Am I
surrounded by 24/7 greasy spoons? I'm more inclined to believe in a
buggy driver implementation. All the nearby Windows laptops run fine.

In other words, you didn't try running iperf and then starting the
microwave, right?
Or you did and don't want to admit that your microwave interferes with wifi.

Either way, take a look at
   https://www.acrylicwifi.com/en/blog/performing-wifi-spectrum-analysis-information-provided/#How_to_Perform_a_Professional_Site_Survey

scroll down just a bit and see
The most common devices that create interference and noise in a
wireless infrastructure are:

Some of those do run 24/7.  And finally
   https://www.zdnet.com/article/usb-3-and-usb-c-devices-can-cause-problems-with-wi-fi-and-bluetooth-connections-but-theres-a-solution/
which I've never seen in action, just read about.

Lee

So, we are all running the same frequencies on mobile phones. We all use mobile phones, so we should be all cancelling each other out? Something doesn't add up.

T H E R E   A R E   N O   M I C R O W A W E    O V E N S    H E R E !!!

--
Ottavio Caruso