Re: XFCE4 without panels

I just tried this in a VM and it seemed to work.

>From a command line:
xfce4-panel -q
find ~/.config | grep panel

Remove the xfce4-panel.xml   (I also removed the empty directory just
named panel.)

The lack of panels seems to have survived a reboot.

I don't know if it is sufficient for every variation involving saving
session state or what not.  But might get you started in the right
direction.

If worst comes to pass, you might be able to put the xfce4-panel -q
command in a shell script that automatically launches when you log in.

Good luck!
mrc