Re: How can I find packages manually installed using "dpkg -i"?

On 2023-10-02 at 09:28, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> Am 02/10/2023 um 10:12 schrieb Marco M.:
>
>> That means it cannot be found in the currently enables repos.
>>
>> Do you want to list such packages
>
> Yeah, the one for which I had to manually use "dpkg -i".

That information is not tracked.

What is tracked is "the package versions known to be available from each
registered repository" and "the package versions which are installed".
Whether the package version that is installed came from one of the
registered repositories, much less whether it was installed from that
repository, is not tracked.

Unless I'm much mistaken, if you installed one package manually (i.e.,
not as a dependency) from a repository and another package locally via
'dpkg -i', the installation state of those two packages will look the
same. The system does not track anything which would let it tell you
where the package came from; at most, if the installed version of a
package is available from a currently-registered repository, it may be
able to tell you where you could get that package from again.

It's entirely probable that there is no way to identify the set of
packages you're interested in, short of a combination of manual
archaeology in local log files (and the local apt package cache) and
relying on your own memory.

--
   The Wanderer