Re: Debian will not boot any more, wrong UUID

Hi Stefan,

that is easy to explain. The kernel is searching for a device with the special
UUID. As I changed the size of the partition with gparted, the UUID changed.

Now the kernel says: This UUID is not existent, what is correct (kernel param:
root=UUID=MyUUIDXXXXX)

I can not get the new UUID (blkid -l /dev/nvme0Pn6) , because no livesystem
does see any /dev/nvme. If I could, I could edit the kernel param and set the
correct UUID by hand. (as you know, in grub I can edit the boot parms).

This is the problem.

Hope this makes things clearer.

Best

Hans